This is why researching people you don’t know can be very difficult.
What do you see in these two articles that are similar?
- they both have the name Floyd Wells
- they both have a mother whose name is May
- they both have a wife whose name is Pauline, not a common woman’s name
If I didn’t personally know one of them, I would have a hard time, trying to decide which facts are for the person I am researching.
Now what to check for using these two articles as an example:
- the dates of death are different
- the siblings are different
- the place of death is different
What if all I new what his name, his wife’s name and his mother’s name? What could I do to figure out which one would be correct? That would be tough. What other information is available from other sources?
Sometimes you have to follow a lead to a dead end, but then you know who or what is not correct and you won’t have search that again. So, sometimes its a good thing.
However, it can get frustrating so don’t give up. Take a break, but come back to it and you might see something you didn’t notice before.